Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby Booties

Considering how close it is now for number 3 to make her appearance, I thought out of all the wool scraps I have knitting a pair of booties would just be too ridiculously cute to pass up. Especially as I found the most adorable pattern from Saartje on Ravelry.

The wool I had used for the baby cardigan and hat in my very first post, had enough left over for a pair indeed two pairs of booties, so yesterday I began them and after ... just three hours of watching the Thorn Birds, they were finished. So adorable, but considering the size that the gynie thinks my baby is going to weigh in at, I don't know how long these might fit for. A day or two perhaps but they are just so cute. Will definitely be making another pair but will make them in a larger size.




I'm shocking for my wool scraps as I never have a clue exactly what type of wool or actual shade it is I am using. Will ask my mother-in-law, as she gave me the end of this wool. She had made some beautiful cardigans for my nieces with it before Christmas. Boys are off school for the week on their mid-term break but have decided that they can come along to the library tomorrow anyhow while I sit in with the knitting circle that I missed last week. They'll sit and read for a while anyhow or colour, they love that sort of thing. Must decided on which half finished project I should bring in. :)

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable, I wish I could knit! I have 2 new grandbabies due within a week of each other in May. Luckily the other grannies can knit (they are hopeless at making cards though lol)
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute!! i love booties :)
    thanks for visiting my blog
    Cheers
    pinky-yin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was amazed she actually fitted into them myself. Was expecting perhaps one day and then box them for a keepsake but she's still able to wear them much to my delight.

    ReplyDelete