Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peter Rabbit theme



Well on ths same theme more or less as yesterday, I had also decided to attempt to knit some of the characters myself. The patterns I did find on e-bay were mainly of the frog and other male characters, I specifically wanted Mrs. Rabbit, Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail and Jemima Puddleduck as well as Peter of course but the only pattern I managed to find was a really large one of Jemima. So I decided to do what I normally would do and wing it myself.

If you notice at the top of my blog page in my banner, there is what looks for all the world like an odd brown shaped head with a blueish top and brown body end. Well this was basically the finished body part for Mrs. Rabbit, I set it aside trying to figure out the ears and dress end and apron, while I also got on with other projects. As I had excruciating heartburn again last night, I didn't mind in the slightest knitting up the rest of her and this morning stitching her together. Hopefully the baby will like it. Though I do think I went a bit long in the arms. At least I'll know better for the next one... if there is a next one. The girl rabbits and Peter shouldn't be any trouble I hope, it's the thought now of making up a pattern for Jemima. Heaven help me! :)

5 comments:

  1. OH my goodness.....fantastic. Are you posting your pattern any time soon :)

    Sorry about the heartburn, just reading about it brought back too many pregnancy memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks a lovely matronly rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did turn out alright didn't she? I will post the pattern but must first decipher my scribble myself and write it out properly. It wouldn't make sense to anyone as it's written now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, and I love your blog, I have had a happy time browsing around. I am in awe of your talent, I can't knit to save my life!!
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Enfys, blushed crimson with your praise. I guess I never really saw it as a talent. If at all possible if there's an easy way of doing something or a simpler way, I'd usually take that route. It's hard to apply that principle to knitting though, which is possibly why I have a few projects on the go at once, so that I don't get bored of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete