Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Amateur Crafter - Take One






I am always to be found I suppose with some form of crafting piece at hand, my husband does become exasperated at times at the amount of wool or material that are about the house. Projects half done or a third, a new one just begun before I even have attempted to finish one off. It was actually from viewing my mothers organic blog that I discovered all these wonderful crafting blogs about the world and felt terrible that most if not all these women led such busy hectic lives and yet were still able to produce such amazing works. My mother being one of these as well. Her home looks amazing, she runs her own allotment with my sister. Her own garden looks wonderful, she's forever growing and planting things and then in between all of that she finds time to knit up a storm or do some amazing patchwork pieces. Jealous - totally.

I live with my husband and our two sons Ryan who is nearly 12 and Ben who is almost 6 and we have number three on the way, basically any day now. So I have over the past few months picked up the needles again and set to work. Before that my knitting bouts were sporadic to say the least, I knitted the odd jumper or doll but considering I have now two new nephews in the space of five months I felt compelled to knit something for them. Especially as my sisters baby, Scott is my husbands godson and my brothers baby Callum will be my godson. Pressure much? Not at all, it gave me the practise I needed to knit for my own wee one as well. Though I honestly have only knitted one cardigan and hat for our own baby. That's the cardigan and hat shown above - I will eventually get used to blogging again. My mother had made a wonderful knitting bag for me as a Christmas gift and it had this particular pattern inside in it. The wool was completely different of course which I have kept inorder to crochet a blanket - I can so far only crochet square blankets. :(





2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, love the new look blog,it will not be easy to get out and about to take photos with 3 smallies in tow!You have loads of things you have made and should have more than enough to blog for some time with them. I love the job you made of the sweater,it looks comfortable and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Like the blog. Thanks a million for Callum's jumper and hat. I will get those on him in the next couple of days and send you on the pics.
    Talk soon
    Billy

    ReplyDelete