Friday, February 6, 2009

Knitivity and Topsy Turvy Cinderella Doll







I love knitting dolls, really I do. I've done a fair few from Jean Greenhowe's collections I suppose my favourites are the topsy turvy dolls and the 'knitivity' dolls as my sister Aisling christened them. I had knit a topsy turvy doll for each of my nieces and for my neighbours three daughters when it began to draw close to Christmas and I realised that some of my ceramic crib pieces were chipped and one was missing. I figured having two boys running amock about the house would only lead to more of the same so dug out a pattern I had of Jean Greenhowe's. It took a while but it was so worth it. This year was our second with our wonderful 'knitivity', my husband Rob even went and made a crib for us to stand them in. I must say it was worth staying up till 1am some nights finishing off certain characters. I've loaded up a picture of the book that has both the 'knitivity' patterns and the topsy turvy cinderella doll pattern inside. There's lots of other wonderful patterns in their too.









I had apparently sent the photos to Mom of the knitted cinderella doll, she had them posted on her blog a while back, so thankfully she still had them and sent them on to me. I really have to take better care storing my photographs.








7 comments:

  1. The knitivity is popping up all over!it still looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitivity scene is fantastic. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughters have a topsy turvy doll and thye love it! I would like to do another, one day.

    Your knitivity scene is lovely, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm contemplating doing a red riding hood version as well as the cinderella for my own baby, providing of course the baby is definitely a 'she'. :)They are wonderful dolls alright and great heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, I have this same book...Jean Greenhowe's Christmas Special. The Nativity is beautiful. That's the reason I bought the book, but I haven't started on them yet. Maybe by next Christmas. The lady at The Yarn Shop where I go, made the set, so I have seen it in person. I'm sure it takes a long time to complete. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clara, I do love the Jean Greenhowe's dolls,I have other books belong to her as well but haven't done anything from those yet. Will definitely get around to it at some point though.
    And thanks Mom, your blog inspired me to be a tad more creative on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete